Friday, February 12, 2016

Zines!

Over the past year and a half, I have become more and more interested in print media, and have especially enjoyed making zines. I wanted to showcase a few of my favourites so far! 



Sketchbook Copies
I'm always sketching and wanted to figure out a way of sharing these small studies with the world. So, I decided to photocopy my sketchbooks and covered them with patterned craft paper! Each zine has a different arrangement of pages, and I think the project turned out pretty well!







 Another constant hobby of mine is photography. Everywhere I go, my camera or cell phone comes with me. These photo zines are an easy way for me to compile everything. I'm also practicing my design skills with some collaging and digital art. Completed with sparkly covers, this particular photo series is a mixture of images from Costa Rica and Toronto. All photos were taken with disposable cameras.








 My third ongoing series are these fun colouring books! So far I just have one book, Colour Me 6ix, which has hand-drawn scenes of Toronto. I love the idea of colouring books, and plan on expanding this into a series of city-based books. 





No comments:

Post a Comment